If your family is anything like ours, they LOVE pizza. This pizza recipe is perfect for a variety of reasons including:
- It’s easy to make at home
- It’s healthy and yummy
- Each family member can decide what they want on their pizza and customize it
- It can be on the table in 20 minutes
Our girls prefer meat and cheese while Corey and I load it up with spinach, tomatoes, basil and red onions (along with the delicious meat and cheese).
If you’re a 21 Day Fixer, here are the measurements:
- 1 yellow container (whole wheat naan)
- 1 red container (Italian seasoned ground turkey)
- 1/2 blue container (mozzarella cheese)
- 1/2 green container (spinach)
- 1/3 green container (onions)
- 1/3 green container (tomatoes)
- 1/3 purple container (pizza sauce)
21 Day Fix Pizza
Our family loves pizza and this one is delicious and 21 Day Fix approved!
- 1 ½ pound Italian seasoned ground turkey
- 2 whole wheat naan pieces (The ones at our store are long and circular instead of short and round. We cut ours in half to make them fit the 1 yellow serving size of carbohydrates for 21 Day Fix)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 1/3 cups red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/3 cups tomato sauce (look for tomato sauce with no added sugar. It can be hard to find, but it’s there.)
- 1 cup low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut your naan bread in half. Place it on a baking sheet and bake for five minutes. This will make it crispy just like a pizza crust.
When the naan is done, remove it from the oven and spread your tomato sauce across the top.
Add your spinach and then spread your tomatoes across the naan bread.
Next, sprinkle your cheese (you can save a little for sprinkling on top).
Grab a slotted spoon and sprinkle your Italian sausage over all the other goodies.
Finally, add your red onions.
If you have cheese left over, sprinkle it on top.
Bake in the oven for another five to seven minutes. Seeing how melty the cheese is, is a good way to gauge if it’s done.
Remove and sprinkle some fresh basil over the top. Eat and enjoy!